Re: [Gnumed-devel] the whole language thing

From: James Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] the whole language thing
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 07:44:49 -0700

On 14-Sep-08, at 5:20 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

The public db at salaam has a

        currently selected database language ('de_DE')

which does not match my current system language ('en_CA'). However I
cannot tell that choosing "Set" or "Don't set" makes any difference.
it only applies to data in the tables

??

I did not realize that the current system language selection would affect data in the tables or at least its expression.

What is the effect of such a selection (?) meaning how would it interact with what was originally entered in the tables, to alter how it is expressed to the user?