[Gnumed-devel] Help Desk Your own IT support <needs configuration>

From: James Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Help Desk Your own IT support <needs configuration>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 10:39:57 -0700

renamed from
Re: [Gnumed-devel] unhandled exceptions and local database "in- production"

On 15-Sep-08, at 2:39 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

Also, even though running from tarball lacks configuration where to
email the report, the hint currently (even in 0.3.2) is to gnumed-
devel and I am understanding the hint should instead be "gnumed-
address@hidden".
0.3.2 was released before address@hidden was activated. In fact, I didn,t plan to do so before Japan but the Wiki page already said so so I thought of the *minimum*-hassle way of enabling what the Wiki said :-) Which is to make it *possible* (even for some values of "default") to post to
gnumed-bugs...

There remains the problem (or lack of enough knowledge on my part) which I reported:

Even after I altered

        gm-from-cvs.conf

in order to set helpdesk from

        gnumed-devel to gnumed-bugs

it made no difference which I suppose it shouldn't since the original value gnumed-devel had already been ignored and the exception handler dialog says in both cases

        Help Desk    Your own IT support <needs configuration>

although interestingly I noted that when I trigger an unhandled exception when connected to the public database, the value
        address@hidden
*does* default into the destination field so I am wondering where this difference arises.