Re: [Gnumed-devel] 0.3.2 feedback: EMR tree also Past History item behav

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] 0.3.2 feedback: EMR tree also Past History item behaviours
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 19:45:16 +0200

On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 05:28:41PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> A further thought about comments entered as part of a health issue or
> past history item (and stored in a clin_narrative row that is linked
> through a pseudo-episode):
>
> Although this pseudo-episode is presently re-labelled "inception notes",
> a clinician may desire to store, with the health issue, some
> meta-comment or top-level-comment on the issue, for example if it has
> been determined that the patient has declined to have surgery or
> chemotherapy, or had been assessed as not a candidate etc

If that's something clinician *want* -- fine. We'll just add
a comment field. Single line or possibly multiple lines ?

> The alternative would be to rename the artificial episode "inception /
> summary notes") to allow the liberalization of function while allowing
> the comments to appear in the right-side area without any extra
> programming being necessary.

I am fine with that, too. Users need to tell us. A comment
field does not preclude use of a "inception/summary notes"
pseudo episode either. The hook framework could be used even
to create that "episode" automatically upon health issue
creation.