Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Debian Live CD

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed Debian Live CD
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2008 09:54:34 +0100

On Freitag 19 Dezember 2008, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> On Dienstag 16 Dezember 2008, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I finally got a day off so I had another go at the Live CD. From the
> > Debian-Live mailing list I get the impression that Debian Live CDs have
> > come a long way.
> >
> > I finally managed to use some apt-pinning magic to pull GNUmed 0.3.8 from
> > unstable into a Lenny base system.
> >
> > The CD will have the latest GNUmed 0.3.8 and will bootstrap a working
> > database at bootup.
> >
> > I am thinking about bootstrapping GNUmed server database at build time
> > but this will go into a later release.
> >
> > Download site will be announced shortly.
>
> CD is ready, works out of the box for GNUmed 0.3.8 and server version 9.
>
> http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/live-cd/binary-0.3.8.iso

You can test the CD without actually burning it to a CD. Just download the
file. Fire up VirtualBox, VMware or the likes and define the image as a CD
drive. It will boot into the Live-CD without leaving your operating system. I
guess you can do this on Mac, Windows and GNU/Linux.

--
Sebastian Hilbert
Leipzig / Germany