[Gnumed-devel] Re: debian volatile

From: Andreas Tille
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: debian volatile
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 2009 07:55:00 +0100 (CET)

On Fri, 27 Feb 2009, Jim Busser wrote:

I am wondering whether, in the case of gnumed, there would be an argument to use volatile, but only in the case where the gnumed-client that was in stable would be found to create a serious data corruption to a medical record, or otherwise misrepresent patient medical information, or otherwise cause some risk to a real person.

In this case gnumed-client would deserve a release critical security bug and
those bugs can be fixed in Debian stable (if they are fixed in the form of a
patch against the version in stable which *only* fixes this problem).  This is
not at all a target for volatile.

Or do we think that everyone who would be using gnumed should be expecting to get new (including critical) updates via testing?

No.  The other option would be backports.org for "not so critical" problems
as I lined out in one of my mails last week.

Kind regards

       Andreas.

--
http://fam-tille.de