[Gnumed-devel] GNUmed plugin development - part 5

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed plugin development - part 5
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 09:36:17 +0200

Now that I have the source code available I can load an existing wxg file in
wxglade as a start for my own plugin.

I opened /home/user/source/gnumed/gnumed/client/wxg/wxSoapPluginPnl.wxg and
started to changed it to my fit my needs. I then saved it as
/home/user/source/gnumed/gnumed/client/wxg/wxCardiacDevicePluginPnl.wxg

The result looks like this:

see attachement

What you can see here is the complexity we are getting into. There can be more
than one device not to mention a combination of active and inactive devices.
Active and inactive leads. Why is all this important ? Because the life of a
patient may depend on it. Hospital might call in and ask how long the leads
have been in to decide whether to cap or extract a lead. There should be a
device history. It is important to know which of you patients have which leads
and generators when a recall is issued.

Now that we have a GUI we need to produce python code for it. There is a
feature in wxglade to produce python code. This will be described in the next
part.