Re: [Gnumed-devel] Notes editor 0.4.6-1 feedback and suggestions

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Notes editor 0.4.6-1 feedback and suggestions
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 23:23:05 +0200

On Sat, Jun 20, 2009 at 04:20:02PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

>>> Can we change the text inside the title of the "Save" window from
>>>     "Adding a new episode" to
>>>     "Saving episode information"
>>
>> Exactly which dialog do you mean ? If you are talking about
>> the one with "Enter a short working name ..." inside it then
>> that's actually what it does: add a new episode.
>
> You are taking the programmer's context, instead of the user's.

True to some extent. The other way round is true, too, however...

> The user has already input all of this text. What is here achieved is to
> complete
> / commit the step of "saving" prior to which the user could have aborted

Well, only in this context of the application. The code this
string is coming from can be used in other context as well
so we need to find a more precise yet more generically
contextable phrase. How about this:

        Creating a problem (episode) to save the notelet under

?

> (yes, I know, by technically "adding" a row but the user does not think
> in term of "adding", they think in terms of *saving* what they have put
> in).

I didn't really intend to refer to "adding a row to the
table in the database" as much as "adding an episode/problem
to the EMR" which is a more clinically inclined "add" (but
still programmatically colored).