Re: packaging for Mac (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: password help)

From: Marcus Lines
Subject: Re: packaging for Mac (was Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: password help)
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2009 17:28:32 -0400

A dmg package is much more Mac OS X like. A Doctor who uses a Mac has made a decision to use a Mac because he or she likes the way that OS works.

On Jun 23, 2009, at 4:48 PM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

Am Dienstag 23 Juni 2009 22:20:02 schrieben Sie:

however, it seems they have no interest to make a Mac package, they
made an alternate suggestion (below) ... I just thought I should
mention it...

There seem to be two alternatives. One is to package a dmg. This dmg ships all dependencies but needs manual update of pyscopg. The other one is to use
macports.

This is more Linux-like  but I am unsure what is more userfriendly.