Re: [Gnumed-devel] Systems of Recording Medical information

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Systems of Recording Medical information
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 14:12:34 -0700

I enjoyed Liz' links.

Earlier on this list, there had been some discussion of whether to adapt (improvise) Unattributed episodes for use as containers of categorical historical information that did not yet have their own widgets - think Family History, Risk factors

One thing I have still been wondering is where to store cumulative information. For example the case where each health issue inherits, over time, some summary information that includes the extent / severity of disease and future options, or the equivalent of a care plan for the problem. I cannot see such detail always having to be copied-forward into the most recent SOAP lines and therefore the most recent soAp and soaP lines and AOE will not contain the fullness of what might have been accumulated as a per-problem profile.

Some of this might be approximated by a per-problem view in which rows of a certain type would be filterable. Such could facilitate a view on *just* the Assessments, or *just* on the Plans, going back over many encounters. I further expect that to be able to select from among these rows, and to auto-concatenate the content, could enable an optionally-editable note to serve as a "digest" of the problem.

Past History items, at their creation, can have an associated "inception note" and I wonder if it is the same or similar row that might be usable to contain the type of information in this use case?