Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurements selection, formatting, behaviour

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Measurements selection, formatting, behaviour
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 20:30:58 -0700

On 6-Jul-09, at 1:44 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

I did not realize that a single cell in the measurements grid can hold

more than one value...

It must because the column labels are granular to the day.

Ah... I see... this is a constraint on the measurement grid's columns? Such that if in the backend we had, for a single patient:

July 1 2009 07:42:57 glucose, random   8.2 mmol/L
July 1 2009 08:44:33 glucose, random   10.2 mmol/L
July 1 2009 08:44:33 glucose, random   12.1 mmol/L

then these could not be presented in 3 different columns, to display that these had been sampled asynchronously... they would be presented in a single column labeled

July 1 2009 (or alternative date format) with no time

and the cell would contain some concatenation of the three values?

Could you maybe model this in test data in the public database which could also be future-included in the test data bootstrap?

PS if the first result would have been a fasting glucose level and thus typed as having been a different test than the other two results, we would get one cell with the fasting glucose, and another cell with the two in-common random glucose values.

What are the implications for gnuplotting such things?