Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Possible solution for altering date formats (Debi

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Possible solution for altering date formats (Debian)?
Date: Wed, 8 Jul 2009 13:02:17 +0200

On Thu, Jul 02, 2009 at 02:17:58PM -0300, Rogerio Luz Coelho wrote:

> For me it's not the way I see the date, and this date not being what I am
> acostumed to ( dd-mm-yyyy) but if it CLEARLY says somewhere that the way
> GNUmed understands dates is YYYY-MM-DD,

Well, a distinction can be made between "understands" and
"displays". I think it should understand a number of formats
but then display them unambigously. My misconception was
that the local way of displaying dates was locally
unambigous. Which doesn't seem to be the case which is why
we'll go back to ISO.