[Gnumed-devel] 0.5.rc4 Address entry issues

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] 0.5.rc4 Address entry issues
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 16:20:21 -0700

When I try creating a patient, the biggest problem is that I can enter all of the information and yet, when I get to the bottom of the data entry widget -- in fact, anywhere within this widget -- if I hit either of the keyboard keys "enter" (bottom right of numeric keypad, regardless of NumLock mode) or the "return" (above the right shift key), then the "Cancel" button appears to be the default behaviour!

Moving on, if in the dob I input a disallowed delimiter (e.g. "." instead of "-") I get a beep and the status line says

        The content is invalid. It must match the pattern [.+]

What is "the pattern [.+]" ?

Also, even when I next abandon creating the patient, and if I would refresh the status line by going to the menu GNUmed > Check for updates, then as soon as I next try to create a person, the status line immediately again shows

        The content is invalid. It must match the pattern [.+]

despite that I did nothing yet wrong on the new attempt.

Is there any option to liberalize the allowable delimiters?

See next the screenshot.

I am not clear on the line "Address" whose label is formatted in black... is it meant to be some informal entry, as opposed to the remaining fields which are required to be structured? It is somewhat unacceptable that it does not appear when editing the details in the Demographic plugin.. (it appears that 'Address" is not the same as 'Directions")

How are the labels managed? For example in this screenshot, I would (instead of "Place") use "City" ... does this require to establish a .po file for _CA?

As a result, I would then be unable to use en_DK if I wished the ISO date format, unless I would (locally) supply a "pretend" .po for en_DK?

What happens if "Place" means something else in a different location in GNUmed? is this a responsibility that falls on the programmers to avoid re-using a default label with GNUmed except that it would mean the same thing in the different parts?

Whereas the person-creation widget and Demographic plugin columns say "Place" the edit detail field says "Town" ... shall these be the same? I could even better accept "Urb" -- or "Urb / City" or "Urb / Town" -- than "Place"

When I input into a region the abbreviation for my local region "BC" for "British Columbia" I fail to remember (but surmise) that "BC" is a short form already stored in the backend, however if I would wish "Baja California" and "Basilan City" removed until such time as I actually had patients form those regions how would that be achieved when bootstrapping a production database?

(By the way -- the next time -- the phrasewheel offered me the values in a differently-listed order, does it pull from existing values in the database?)

When I would enter a person's "Region" and select an existing value and press "return", there is no autocompletion of the country, and I am asked to select a value among those listed for Country that are not filtered based on Region. Is this expected current and future function?

When I enter an existing value of postal code am I supposed to get autocompletion of the street and city and region and country so that I only need to enter the "Number"? What happens if two countries share a postal code?

Can more width be assigned to DOB?

PNG image