Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: 0.5.rc4 Address entry issues

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: 0.5.rc4 Address entry issues
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 12:51:13 +0200

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 07:56:42PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> >>I am not clear on the line "Address" whose label is formatted in
> >>black... is it meant to be some informal entry, as opposed to the
> >>remaining fields which are required to be structured?
> >
> >You can use it to select (or pre-select) an existing
> >address.
>
> Can we instead rename Address as
>
>       Search (modify)
>
> given that above these fields, it already says "Primary address
> (optional)"

Done.

> Also, in the tooltip text where it says
>
>       "That address will become the primary address of the person unless
> you modify it below..."
>
> the "primary" confuses what is available to alter...

The address is saved as being of type "home". That's what
the "primary" refers to. "Primary" could also refer to the
first address linked to the patient which would fit as well.

> can the text say instead
>
>       "That address will be saved for this person with any
> modification(s) below."

Hm, that wouldn't be quite correct - if any modifications
are made either an entirely new address is created or
an*other* existing address is linked to the person.

> the fact that a new searchable address will result among existing
> ones can be left implicit.

So despite what I say above you are saying this is a white
lie on behalf of the user experience ?   Personally, I'm to
technical and analytical (but could live with a reasonable
abstraction) so I need someone else to attest to that ...