Re: [Gnumed-devel] reworked download page

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] reworked download page
Date: Tue, 18 Aug 2009 14:47:15 -0700

On 18-Aug-09, at 12:42 PM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

Am Dienstag 18 August 2009 21:14:13 schrieben Sie:
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_4_11; en) AppleWebKit/

530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Safari/530.17
Try again,
Sebastian

When connecting from Mac OS 10.4 (after clearing my browser cache) I am happy to be able to report that the wiki download page

http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/InstallerGuideHomeShort

now auto-detects the Mac OS (below) and it is true from both Safari and Firefox browsers... will try from home (Mac OS X 10.5 'Leopard") tonight.  I now have a couple of other priorities but hope in 2-4 weeks to hack and see if I can update the old Mac package if nobody in the meantime managed.

2. Install on Mac OS X

This release is a beta-quality technology preview with known bugs and stability issues. We encourage you to test and report issues.

To install GNUmed on Mac OS X, you must have either 10.4 (Tiger) or 10.5 (Leopard) on the Intel platform (we do not plan on supporting PowerPC).

  • Detailed instructions are provided here