[Gnumed-devel] Re: Mac update (MacPython 2.5x to the rescue?)

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Mac update (MacPython 2.5x to the rescue?)
Date: Sat, 22 Aug 2009 14:20:05 +0200

Am Samstag 22 August 2009 11:18:39 schrieben Sie:
> ... but I then went to mx where its version seems to be 3.1.2 and
>
> and following the instructions at
>    http://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxBase/#Installation
>
> to go into a temrinal session and cd to the directory, which has a setup.py
> file, and then run
>
> sudo python setup.py install
>
> I noticed in the output:
>
> creating
> /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packag
>es/mx
>
> which points to where python is looking. Therefore on next attempt I get
>
> study-iMac:client mom$ ./gm-from-cvs.sh
> GNUmed startup: Running from local source tree.
> Adjusting PYTHONPATH ...
> ,========================================================
>
> | Unhandled exception caught !
> | Type : <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
> | Value: No module named psycopg2
>
> `========================================================
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "wxpython/gnumed.py", line 462, in <module>
>     from Gnumed.pycommon import gmI18N, gmTools, gmDateTime, gmHooks
>   File "/Users/mom/Downloads/GNUmed-0.5.0/Gnumed/pycommon/gmDateTime.py",
> line 49, in <module> import psycopg2
> # this will go once datetime has
> timezone classes ImportError: No module named psycopg2
>

> So I then relocated into
>
> /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/lib/python2.5/site-packag
>es/
>
> everything from the old disk image site-packages, including what I believe
> was py25-psycopg2 renamed as psycopg2, (*except* not the mx, and also not
> the old psycopg2 or egg file)
>
>  and tried again to run from gm-from-cvs,
>
> See screenshot....
>
> :-)   :-)   :-)   :-)   :-)   :-)
>
> Suggestions:
>
> - maybe modify the database welcome to say If you are connecting from
> overseas (Canada) please forgive the 40-80 seconds latency.
>
> - is the fact that my client loaded with only the Inbox button explainable?
> I believe I saw [Local Default] at the upper left of the login screen?

Someone is smiling :-)

Anyway. The inbox thing is due to the workplace in the config file believe.

Locate gm-from-cvs.conf and the line in the section workplace where it states

# workplace = <your workplace>

replace it by

workplace = GNUmed Default

and you should have all plugins.

Great you managed to do it. Now it is time to document all steps in the wiki.
Next step would be to write shell scripts that automate the copy process from
the system wide installation to the GNUmed app.

Once again. Well done.

Sebastian