Re: [Gnumed-devel] Please test GNUmed on Mac

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Please test GNUmed on Mac
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 10:47:24 -0700

On 24-Aug-09, at 1:16 PM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

Hi all,

Please test GNUmed on Mac. Based on Jim's fine work here it is.

http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/client/0.5/GNUmed-client-0.5.0.dmg

Sebastian

Unfortunately, it won't run (log attached). A question and a suggestion:

Question: do we know whether psycopg2 (2.0.12) is happy with Python 2.4 or is there believed some other basis for the logged problem?

Suggestion: until we would know that packages would run, that we do not provide them in the downloads directory named as official releases... IMO we should instead (at least for this package) use

        0.5/GNUmed-client-0.5.rc1.dmg

so the next would be

        0.5/GNUmed-client-0.5.rc2.dmg