Re: [Gnumed-devel] <bug> bootstrap database: not existing table referenc

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] <bug> bootstrap database: not existing table referenced in v7->v8
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 11:51:34 +0100

> I've just tried to bootstrap v12 database from CVS, and I was surprised by
> error during v7->v8 upgrade.
>
> I have found that in module gmNotificationSchemaGenerator.py a
> table 'message_inbox' is referenced, while it is known under this name only
> since v12 (previously: 'provider_inbox').

True enough, it was renamed because it can now be used for
messages generically, not limited to provider bound messages.

> Reverting this name in the gmNotificationSchemaGenerator.py solved the
> problem
> for me, but I think it requires more attention.

Yes. The proper fix is to disable generating audit and
notification schema objects below v12 (in CVS HEAD, that
is) which I did.

> Also dem.trf_announce_provider_inbox_generic_mod_no_pk() remains in v12
> (shouldn't it be dropped?)

It should and in fact there's explicit code to do so in
v12-dem-message_inbox-dynamic.sql under sql/dynamic/ which
is also duly included in the .conf file. So you may want to
double-check with the above fix.

Checked in.