[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [Gnumed-devel] proper English term needed for medication

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] proper English term needed for medication
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 2009 08:55:45 +0100
User-agent: Mutt/1.5.20 (2009-06-14)

On Thu, Oct 29, 2009 at 12:08:51PM +1100, richard terry wrote:

> > I am looking for a compound noun which describes drugs/a
> > drug expected to be taken perpetually, such as hypertensive
> > agents.
> > 
> > In German we say "Dauermedikament". A literal translation
> > could be "permanent medication".
> > 
> > Karsten
> > 
> Hi Karsten,
> In Australia we just say "regular".

Thanks, Richard, that's IMO just what the doctor ordered :-)

I mean, I could have just used "perpetual medication" and be
done with it (everyone would understand) but I was looking
for a term which English speakers would be using anyhow
regardless of GNUmed. So "regular medication" seems to fit
the bill.

GPG key ID E4071346 @
E167 67FD A291 2BEA 73BD  4537 78B9 A9F9 E407 1346

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]