Re: [Gnumed-devel] Ubuntu Lucid Lynx Feature Freeze

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Ubuntu Lucid Lynx Feature Freeze
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 14:10:17 -0800

On 2010-01-16, at 1:42 PM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

> However since Lucid is supposed to be a long term support release it might be
> smart to go with the 0.5.x codebase.

Personally, I would opt for getting in 0.6x because I think the ability to
manage a list of medications and print it is so fundamental to GNUmed successes
and because even if there are bugs, the people running 0.6x clients will be
notified (by their GNUmed client software) of any bug-fixed releases.

If we do *not* get it in, then people on Lucid will be unable to appreciate
GNUmed 0.6x without modifying their sources and IMO the Ubuntu distro may be
growing a higher percentage of inexpert users than is Debian.