[Gnumed-devel] can wiki be https?

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] can wiki be https?
Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 07:25:40 -0800

This is not a "biggie" but I just realized that if I would avail myself of free
wi-fi (untrusted) available in a cyber cafe, despite that I can still email
securely (my provider's IMAP requires encrypted connections) I lack a secure
means to connect to the wiki so my password would be in the clear.

While I am not sure anyone cares to steal my wiki password from this particular
connection, I still don't want it to happen. I don't believe the computational
overhead would be significantly elevated to activate https but if no better
reason than any hassle of setting it up I can easily postpone my wiki edits.

(Launchpad is https)

-- Jim