[Gnumed-devel] GNUmed CVS -> GIT conversion

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] GNUmed CVS -> GIT conversion
Date: Mon, 1 Feb 2010 15:34:51 +0100

Hello all,

in order to modernize our use of version control I have
started the CVS to GIT conversion.

A test conversion went just fine using cvs2git.

Pending necessary delays I will tag our CVS tree as

        "beta-for-git"

on Sunday February 7th noon CEST. Anything committed after
that is not guarantueed to be included with the conversion.

I will then set up a public tree at gitorious.org which will
track my personal GIT tree.

Releases will be tagged and branched as usual.

I will create releases from my personal tree.

Developers will thus have to tell me where to pull changes
from if they want it included with a release (this is
standard procedure).

Over time I will migrate our helper scripts from CVS to GIT
use.

Attached find the cvs2git.conf which I am going to use.

You've got a full week to voice issues so please do so NOW !