Re: [Gnumed-devel] drugref2 in Oscar

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] drugref2 in Oscar
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 09:31:18 +0100

On Mon, Feb 15, 2010 at 11:13:58AM -0800, Jim Busser wrote:

> So my larger questions pertain to how drugref might most optimally be used.

The *concepts* of drugref. I am not sure there's anything
worth salvaging beyond that.

> Is the idea that:
>
> - for purposes of speed and reliable access, a praxis which uses GNUmed may
> desire to also install drugref locally?

Surely.

> - would drugref be instantiated separately from GNUmed and
> "serve" requests that are issued to it by local GNUmed?

Yes, ideally.

> - would GNUmed clients issue drugref requests directly to
> the drugref server, or would it be the GNUmed server that
> passes the requests to drugref?

The clients would use an API to access drugref. Whether that
be directly or via an intermediate UI (such as FreeDiams)
doesn't matter all that much, currently.

> - if drugref would be installed locally, would it best
> fall under a framework in which there would exist a primary
> "reference" drugref server, ideally mirrored for
> load-balancing, against which locally-installed drugrefs
> would remain "in sync" ?

This is way beyond our current concern.