Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed-server on Mandriva - test it now

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] gnumed-server on Mandriva - test it now
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 2010 08:24:31 +0100

Am Mittwoch 10 März 2010 22:30:25 schrieb Sebastian Hilbert:
> Hi all,
>
> The package has now been fixed to pull in python-plpgsql. That should now
> give a working server package.

For reasons not yet fully understood after a reinstall of all postgresql
packages it now honours the locale of the shell and creates a UTF-8 cluster.

I do not understand why it would not do this before but apparently this is a
non-issue now.

If you are running Mandriva I ask you to test it - now.

1.) install 'smart package manager'
2.) install gnumed-server through smart
2a) add GNUmed repository as described in the wiki for Mandriva
3.) gnumed-server install will pull in postgresql
4.) start postgresql
5.) check the encoding of the cluster (as postgres run 'psql' and then '\l')
6.) as root run gm-bootstrap_server

Sebastian