[Gnumed-devel] Re: [fedora-medical] GNUmed 0.7 released

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: [fedora-medical] GNUmed 0.7 released
Date: Sat, 1 May 2010 08:05:25 +0200

Am Freitag 30 April 2010 23:24:38 schrieb Jérôme:

Hi,
> I installed gnumed through the repo by reading the wiki. Thus it seems to
> be clear enough for a middle-fedora-skilled person.
>
> However, I would have few words:
> - maybe a simpler repo file name would be less scary (say, GNUmed.repo
> instead of home:SebastianHilbert:GNUmed.repo)

Unfornutately this name is repo name is automatically assigned by the build
service. There is little I can do short from inquiring about inclusion of
GNUmed into Fedora :)

> - user just have to copy this file in /etc/yum.repos.d . Then yum install
> gnumed will install postgresql and other dependencies if they are not
> installed.

Is this the best way in Fedora ? Is there another way through some GUI ?

> The postgresql configuration is well described: I never used it (just
> mysql, sometimes...) and I got it working without pain.

Great

> Regarding the Correspondence feature, I had some difficulties... As I am
> not an MD, I lack a lot of vocabulary, and I don't know what should be the
> expected behaviour... For now, I can tell you the following:
> - Set Kirk as active client
> - Choose 'Write a letter' in the correspondence menu -> shows a list of
> different templates
> - Choose 'Therapiebericht Physiotherapie (GNUmed-Standard)' , the
> openoffice template
> - click Ok ->GNUmed fall in a deadlock
> - restart -> redo the above steps -> now I have 'Select the health issues
> you are interested in'
> - Select the 'Unattributed episode' -> Ok -> "Now select the issue you want
> to report on"
> - Select 'Backpain' -> Ok -> The same window reopen! -> Ok ->reopen -> Ok
> - Click Cancel -> go back to the previous window -> Cancel -> reopen
> previous -> Cancel -> OpenOffice opens with a form
> - Close OpenOffice -> GNUmed open a "choose episode to file the document"
> I have the document under "Documents" for this patient. Reselecting the
> "Write letter" menu with OpenOffice template makes Gnumed starting a
> deadlock again.

Your tests are very helpful for us. Could you please reproduce the deadlock
situation an mail us the gnumed log file. It should sit in ~/.gnumed/

> The Latex template "Medication list" works well. The referral letter has
> the same strange behaviour than OOo regarding the Ok->Reopen->Ok ... And
> when I cancel everything, I get a "Error creating printable document."
> Though yesterday, I managed to produce a referral letter...

If you have a chance please mail us a corresponding log file.

> Sorry for this tedious and maybe not so pertinent report. I hope you will
> manage to make something with!

That was great work and definetly helful for us.

> For now, I stay with this binary installation, without any
> sources/compilation so that you can ask for end-user test whenever you
> want. In future, I will be interesting in coding around the DICOM feature.

For now the Dicom feature just open a Dicom viewer. The original idea was that
if there was a Dicom viewer for Linux, Mac oder Windows that would accept some
sort of intercommunication we would use to open the currently active patient
and so on.

On Mac there is Osirix which could hold the Dicom CD (cardiac, CT , whatever).
Osirix has an XML-rpc interface. So in an ideal world when the patient comes
back from a cardiologist with a CD the doctor would store it in Osirix and
when he wants to review it again he could access it from within GNUmed. GNumed
would then open the corresponding patient and study in Osirix.

Thanks agian for your effort,
Sebastian