[Gnumed-devel] Re: Postgresql installation on OS X

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Postgresql installation on OS X
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 11:00:50 -0700

On 2010-06-30, at 9:39 AM, Dave Cramer wrote:

> I'm wondering if we shouldn't just make our own package ???
>
> How hard can it be?

For GNUmed on Mac, there would be two packages, potentially:

1) client package
2) server package

I would have to refresh my memory, but I think MacPorts (and other frameworks)
can provide not only installers for their own internal use (in the case of
MacPorts, portfiles) but can also "roll" standard MacOS dmg image-installers by
drawing upon Apple's Xcode.

-- Jim