[Gnumed-devel] trying to bootstrap database on Mac "Cannot bootstrap bun

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] trying to bootstrap database on Mac "Cannot bootstrap bundles."
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 23:27:27 -0700

I decided to see how far I could get, without altering Postgres from what
EnterpriseDb supplies.

I downloaded the latest server, and ran as root

The bootstrapper was unable to import mx.DateTime until I adjusted root's path
to align with what MacPorts provided for my own user account.

But I then got stuck at a familiar-to-some "cannot bootstrap bundles" message.
I thought it was maybe a result of my failure to alter the pg_hba.conf file,
which had very few lines in it, and into which I inserted (hopefully at a
suitable place) the "local samegroup ..." line:

# allow anyone knowing the proper password to
# log into our GNUmed databases
local   samegroup      +gm-logins                    md5

# TYPE  DATABASE    USER        CIDR-ADDRESS          METHOD

local   all         all                               md5
# IPv4 local connections:
host    all         all         127.0.0.1/32          md5
# IPv6 local connections:
host    all         all         ::1/128               md5

but even after I used the Enterprisedb applescripts to stop and start postgres
the attached log indicates a problem with a failed-to-be supplied postgres
password. On my machine, there exists both a system level postgres account and
(I am pretty sure, as a part of the Enterprise db installer process) a
database-level postgres account (whose password I also set to postgres).

Could it have anything to do with the failure of Mac OS to support

        su -c

??

Bootstrapping latest GNUmed database.

This will set up a GNUmed database of version v13
with the name "gnumed_v13".
su: illegal option -- c
usage: su [-] [-flm] [login [args]]
su: illegal option -- c