Re: [Gnumed-devel] Turtorials

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Turtorials
Date: Sun, 4 Jul 2010 23:25:57 +0200

On Mon, Jul 05, 2010 at 06:53:31AM +1000, Elizabeth Dodd wrote:

> On Mon, 5 Jul 2010, Eric MAEKER wrote:
> > SOAP is the key ! It is fully i18n and understand by all practitioner.
> > S subjective
> > O objective
> > A assessment
> > P plan
>
> I don't find it usable
> it works for the single complaint
> It doesn't work for mental health where objectivity is rare
> and it never works for multiple systems in the same consult
> where I check the sugar, check the peripheral pulses
> check the blood pressure
>
> because it just doesn't deal with multithreading in assessment and plan

But GNUmed does - it does multithread SOAP inside encounters.

> nor does it deal with patients who have a list of 20 items
> (once I had 2 A4 pages, which i managed to distil into chronic sinusitis and
> hyperthyroidism

GNUmed doesn't at the moment have nice tool to help with
this. If anyone can suggest something that'd be hugely
welcome.

One tool I've been toying around with is a poly medication
assessment tool:

a list with two columns of aims:

symptomatic relieve                prognostic improvement

Below which one lists all the drugs. Together with the
patient the importance is discussed and reflected in the
ordering. Then, discontinuation of the bottom-most drugs is
discussed.