Re: [Gnumed-devel] Status of to-be client 0.8x

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Status of to-be client 0.8x
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 21:24:49 +0200

Am Donnerstag 08 Juli 2010, 20:39:46 schrieb Jim Busser:
> While I know the master branch contains some code (like maybe some early
> work on plugins) that may not make it into 0.8x, would all of the GUI
> functionality currently existing in master make it into the next release?

Not neccessarly. Plugins deemed not stable will not be part of the release
tarball

> a few related questions:
>
> - at what point was it being considered to "freeze" the codebase for a 0.8x
> release and would that become obvious (at gitorious) by when a 0.8 branch
> becomes visible?

when all features which are planned for 0.8 are implemented.

> - at that point, even while new work on the master branch *could* be done,
> in all likelihood the work on master will stop until 0.8 becomes released?

not really. Master is pretty much 0.8-to-be until release. Then is will be
branched off. bug fixes will go into 0.8.x and master will become 0.9

> - it there a feature-freeze on 0.8?

This concept does not really apply yet. Since only Karsten implements features
right now he defines his set of features. So yes and no. When more coders will
be active the concept will change.

> I was hoping that 0.8 could support the
> correct infile syntax for FreeDiams 0,42 because if I am to make a video
> showing GNUmed calling FreeDiams, I do not want
>
>       James Tiberius Kirk
>
> to populate the FD "First names" and laving blank FD "Lastnames"

Karsten will have to comment on what amount of coding is involved.

Sebastian