Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: FreeDiams freediams_0.4.2-1_amd64.changes ACCEPTE

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: FreeDiams freediams_0.4.2-1_amd64.changes ACCEPTED into Debian
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 17:19:37 -0700

On 2010-07-14, at 2:14 PM, Andreas Tille wrote:

> You will probably invent a lot of nice to have features in the next
> release cycle - but targeting at a certain Debian release is nothing
> which works.

Andreas points out that only security bugs will be fixed in "stable". If it was
possible to get a bug-fixed FreeDiams into unstable, it would be nice to fix

        FreeDIAMS 0.4.2 Canadian db has duplicate drugs
        --> this "fix" needs the newer db creation script for CA

        FreeDIAMS 0.42 API failure to handle Allergy
        --> needed one line of code uncommented

        0.4.2 Canadian DB search offers French INN
        --> reason ?

but at least we know FreeDiams 0.4.2 *works* so it may be better to put into
Unstable--> testing a FreeDiams that we know *works* than to risk to rush (into
Stable) a badly broken FreeDiams.

It is true that to enjoy higher versions of FreeDiams, users of Debian (Ubuntu)
will have to either switch to "testing" or make adjustments to their
preferences just for FreeDiams.

> You might like to read the gnumed wiki.  There are hints to sources.list
> and even more importantly the preferences file!

http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/DebianGuideLong#AnchorConfig

http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/BusserTechNotes#Uscan

-- Jim