[Gnumed-devel] packaging GNUmed web stuff

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] packaging GNUmed web stuff
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 11:03:06 +0200

Hi all,

There has been work going on to develop a web based patient overview client.
http://wiki.gnumed.de/bin/view/Gnumed/PatientSummaryForBrowsers

While it is not finished I would like to know how to proceed with packaging.
First I need help with the package name.

gnumed-web-client ?
gnumed-client-web ?

The problem here is that this beast consists of three part.s

gnumed-server
gnumed-client (running on a central server and acting like it from the user's
perspective)
gnumed-client-webui (which is webpages and Javascript served to the user's
browser)

We now have a wxpython client which is run on the user's computer and we have
a pyjamas based client which is run on the server (or the user's computer if
it is identical with the server)

So I would package all what is currently in the gnumed-client package (except
the wxpython directory) plus the ProxiedWeb folder.

Then the server administrator would install gnumed-client-web and gnumed-
server on the serving machine. He/she would then run the client with the --
webui option to start the serving.

For it to work multitaskhttpd would have to be installed and be running as
well. I guess multitaskhttpd needs to be packaged seperately. Any name for
that package ? gnumed-server-multitaskhttpd ? or python-multitaskhttpd ?

This scenario currently does not need Apache installed. I know that for https
to work someone said that apache could be used. I have no idea how to
configure this and currently cannot help with this. If we get this figured out
it cannot be automated as many users will have a default installation of
Apache and I am not going to mess with it. So anyone attempting this will go
to the Wiki and configure this manually.

Any help is appreciated.

Sebastian