Re: [Gnumed-devel] organizations management

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] organizations management
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2010 09:05:23 -0700

On 2010-10-28, at 6:59 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> This shows the units-of-organizations likely to be used in
> managing them. This is ordered by org-category, then
> org-name, then unit-name.
>
> Note that this is not necessarily how GNUmed would present
> such data for searching/selecting - just for maintenance.

I am almost wondering if Category is (or can function as) orthogonal to the
other information. In your first example, you used "ward" by which I assume you
mean one wing (or corridor) of one floor of one hospital inpatient unit. Each
hospital would have many such wards, making it seem that this is a
semi-granular entity (below which is room and bed) and yet in this example it
is at the top level "Category" as a "kind of thing" across, say, all hospitals?