Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Re: GNUmed 0.9.rc2

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: Re: GNUmed 0.9.rc2
Date: Thu, 24 Mar 2011 08:42:41 +0100

Am Donnerstag, 24. März 2011, 08:17:03 schrieb Andreas Tille:

> > > Osirix cannot be packaged for Debian. It is Apple only. One would have
> > > to port the user interface or the underlying widget toolkit.
> >
> > I know. I'm just saying.
>
> I understood this perfectly.  However, if there might be some people
> interested enough in it I would be really astonished if no port would be
> possible.  I'm afraid currently there is nobody up for this task.

It is fairly simple. Radiologists are rich enough to buy Macs. All other
groups play in the nice to have court but are not spending any money on it.
Basically you would have to port many libaries.Some of them might be under
Apple's sole control.

http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2004-April/008123.html

http://www.vtk.org/pipermail/vtkusers/2005-October/082307.html

While Osirix is very nice I guess Ginkgo will be on par faster then anyone
porting Osirix

Sebastian