Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: current medication on kde, snapshot

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Re: current medication on kde, snapshot
Date: Wed, 6 Apr 2011 10:38:58 +0200

On Wed, Apr 06, 2011 at 01:30:27PM +0530, address@hidden wrote:

> It is important for gnumed to adapt to smaller screen sizes of laptops
> as that seems to be the future. Portability is going to be the future
> trend.

For working well on crippled computers GNUmed needs a second
GUI adapted to such environments. No one has felt the need
hard enough to pull through with the various attempts at a
web interface. No one has yet considered writing a touch
screen smartphone interface type thing.

The structure of GNUmed nicely facilitates this as all the
business logic is factored out from the GUI code (and where
it is not we are more than willing to work with GUI coders
to make it so - any and all attempts or successes of people
to contribute to GNUmed have led to various minor and
not-so-minor changes to GNUmed business code to better let
them do their thing). I am currently integrating a timeline
display of EMR data contributed by someone from Switzerland.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de