Re: [Gnumed-devel] What is a calendar was Re: appointment schedular

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] What is a calendar was Re: appointment schedular
Date: Sat, 07 May 2011 23:21:41 -0700

On 2011-05-07, at 10:12 PM, Sebastian Hilbert wrote:

> Am Samstag, 7. Mai 2011, 22:02:02 schrieb Jim Busser:
>
>> I cannot understand that you would ever put a "copy" of clinical
>> information e.g. "HIV" *inside* a calendar, you might only display it (or
>> provide a link to reason for visit) in the visual representation of the
>> calendar.
>
> This is common practice in a lot of hospital opd I know of. They often do not
> have a waiting list (because the software sucks) so front desk staff puts
> that
> information into the schedule when a visit is scheduled.
>
> That is not desirable and not good practice but common practice.
>
> How do you handle this with a waiting list. At which point does the
> information get in ?

Ideally, the calendar item would contain a link to the patient and the patient
problem/episode, like

        medical record number.problem_unique_id#episode_uid

for example

        0456738.9584747#283464

which on activating the clinical software jumps to

        Kirk, James Tiberius

with notes plug-in auto-selected and putting in focus

                scar problem left arm <--| 9/2000 extra-terrestrial infection

which could display, at lower left, the plan from the last encountlet

-- Jim