Re: [Gnumed-devel] Consumable substances / medications was Re: GNUmed 0.

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Consumable substances / medications was Re: GNUmed 0.9.4 released
Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 08:38:24 +0200

On Wed, May 11, 2011 at 03:37:36PM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> This is a great start. I only just wondered about alternatives and have these
> questions:
>
> 1) when the source file is not in SQL (for example if it is csv) what is the
> easiest way to script series of values into a form like
>
>       v15-ref-consumable_substance-data-vbanait.sql

I had written a custom Python script to do so.

> 2) when country data is available (the way that it is for Canada) is there
> any reason not to feed GNUmed everything that it knows how to use?

I don't see any.

>       Comments re the INN:
>
>       INN may not be unique to any one description when it is less than 7
> characters

It seems you mean the ATC code ?

>       INN, when unique to a description, will exist in replicate across
> multiple amounts and preparations

Sure.

>       INN for a single substance description may be different when that
> substance
>               is taken as part of a brand that provides a combo

That ATC usually stands for the combo, not the single substance.

But, yes, there are multiple ATC per substance even at the
substance level and currently we can only store one (but we
can back-check via the ref.atc table).

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de