Re: [Gnumed-devel] Introducing myself and questions on billing/accountin

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Introducing myself and questions on billing/accounting
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 10:57:04 +0200

Am Freitag, 20. Mai 2011, 10:31:57 schrieb richard terry:
> On Friday 20 May 2011 16:32:12 Sebastian Hilbert wrote:
>
> Ok, I'll  give up contributing to the thead as I'm obviously too out of
> touch.

We have the same problem in Germany. What I am trying to understand here is to
find out what exactly the technical difference is between a ledger being
bolted on to GNUmed vs. ledger features being integrated into GNUmed.

You might have a point which I don't see yet. Are you saying it is technically
inseperable or because most physicians would be unable to cope with a barebone
ledger ?

What information can or should not be transfered to a ledger ? Is there
anything technically that can only be done when replication the whole billing
stuff inside the "EMR".

I have a feeling you are talking about the ease of use part and your opinion
seems to be that for most  AU doctors the proposed solution will be
unacceptable.

Is that it ?

> AU is obviously different.

It is. And so is Germany and India from what I hear. One would have to write a
GNUmed plugin for AU, Germany, India, US. Then one would have to write
connectors for online claiming.

The solution I am after involves a generic way to capture what was done and
what was used in terms of material , hand this to a specialized claim mangler
solution and let that claim handler cope with each health system.

Is this unacceptable for AU ? In your software do you think it is possible to
reuse the item capturing part to fit the US or German setting ? If so that
could prevent us from making it overly complex.

Regards,
Sebastian