Re: [Gnumed-devel] coding

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] coding
Date: Wed, 1 Jun 2011 00:48:52 +0200

On Thu, May 26, 2011 at 08:05:10PM +0200, Slappinjohn wrote:

> I'm writing a little python tool for searching icd10 codes (2006GM),
> because I need them in my invoices.
>
> Currently it uses a sqlite-db for testing purposes, could be transferred
> into postgres (don't know the postgresql-python bindings)
>
> can send you a copy if wanted.. Database included, but at the moment
> without all the inklusiva - exklusiva stuff

I would surely be interested in a SQL-ized (or sqlited)
files of the ICD10 which would likely save us some work.

One thing we will have to solve before the next major
release is how to deliver data packs. Releasing
tarballs/debs etc with megabytes of data isn't that smart an
idea.

The concept would be to have the client download a data pack
list from a configurable address. Said list would contain
download URLs and descriptions of available data packs. The
user would pick a selection which would download and install
them.

I haven't fully decided yet on the level of forge protection
to put in.

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de