Re: [Gnumed-devel] Family History tables

From: Rogerio Luz Coelho
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Family History tables
Date: Wed, 8 Jun 2011 17:37:57 -0300

Family Medicine is my bread and butter so here goes:

I was hoping in the near future we could have GNUmed provide us with a "family ID" (FamID?)  so we can then start to see in the DB what kind of info we could / needed to share between people with the same FamID.

This way you don't need to add all the family demographics, and still have the people linked in some sort of way in the DB.

Say Kirk and his Brother and his Dad have the same FamID.
- Say Dad's uncle died of Heart Attack at age 38, his dad the same at age 35.

Say Brother does not know this.

When entered that Dad has a family History of youg males diying of Heart the other components in FamID would also be linked to this -- future processes on how to link, or unlink this history may be need, but for now a "do you think this info is relevant to Mr. Brother?" should sufice, or a automated populated list of diseases and from what patient and what encounter this info was populated).

Rogerio