Re: [Gnumed-devel] FeeDiams is Brasil ready?

From: Rogerio Luz Coelho
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] FeeDiams is Brasil ready?
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 22:57:11 -0300

Sure I have a working knowledge on getting pdf to ods and that is just a click away of csv right?

Will work on this and soon report.

  Rogerio

2011/6/16 Sebastian Hilbert <address@hidden>
Am Mittwoch, 15. Juni 2011, 21:36:09 schrieb Rogerio Luz Coelho:
> I have tried to find the mailing list to FreeDiams and could not. So please
> send this e-mail if they do not follow GNUmed anymore.
>
> I have succeeded in obtaining some drug related references from our ANVISA
> (Brasil's FDA).
>
> I have:
>
> * 1pdf for individual Drugs -
>
> Substance Generic | Lab Company |  Drug Proprietary Name | concentration |
> Form (capsules, syrupe, injectable, etc...)
>
> * 1pdf for Combinations with the same info as above -
>
> * 1 official statement on how to change the letters of the international
> English names of substances to brasilian portuguese.
>
> as in
>
> English | Portuguese | Examples Eng | To Portuguese|
>
> -en       | -eno            |  tamoxifen       | tamoxifeno     |
>
> -ph-      | -f-                | morphine        | morfina           |
>

> --- Is this at all usefull for a FreeDiams implementation ?
> Is anyone interested?
> If not can I be helped to implement it?

This is a start.

Now the real work begins.

1.) what are the terms/license that is applied to this data ? Can it be
shared/distributed ?

2.) Do they provide a more machine friendly format other then pdf ?

In theory it is possible to create a sql database from the data you have. One
would need to parse the pdf files and transform them into something better
suited to import into an sql database. So if this step can be avoided by
getting a e.g csv file instead that would save a lot of work.

Is there any know update path. How do you know and how do you obtain updated
to the drug "database". Do they issue new pdf files ? Do they somehow
mark/highlight the changes ?

For a start you could try to convert the pdf file to txt file (e.g. csv file)
and see if this is usable at all. If you can just send one file over and we
can have a look as well.

Thanks for working on this,
Sebastian