Re: [Gnumed-devel] Encounter information in Notelet editor

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Encounter information in Notelet editor
Date: Sun, 17 Jul 2011 12:50:09 -0700

On 2011-07-17, at 11:40 AM, Jim  wrote:

> The start and end datetimes can accept focus and apparent changes, however
> they are not saved.
>
> Is there a purpose to allow them to accept focus and apparent changes (which
> are not saved)?

My bad… such changes *can* be saved, except it is not enough to click the

        Notelet  [Save] button

… one has to click

        Encounter: [Save] button

Still problems with [Save all] and questions about Encounters…

1. [Save all] still does not save the base notelet (if someone would try to
create a new problem from inside the notelet) and I can't remember if this can
be fixed… since it is not fixed in 0.9.7 does this mean a fix can only be
implemented in gnumed-next or is there something about the construction of the
plugin which would not allow the new "base" notelet to be saved as part of
[Save all]?

2. Several minutes before, I had searched Kirk and I had gone back and forth
between Kirk and another patient. After doing this, I could see

        EMR > Encounters list

the newest Kirk encounter which had been opened when I first searched Kirk.
However, when I entered the Notes editor and began to enter information,
changing (above the notelets) the encounter type to a different type, and
changing the date, and clicking [Save all], this most recent encounter
disappeared from the list offered by

        EMR > Encounters list

Is it possible that for changes to Encounter information to be actually saved,
one must either click the [Save] button which is part of the Encounter group
*or* [Save all] but maybe the latter will only write the changes to the
Encounter information if there was *also* a 2nd or 4rd etc notelet to save?

-- Jim