Re: [Gnumed-devel] organizations

From: Karsten Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] organizations
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2011 23:05:46 +0200

On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 09:00:05AM -0700, Jim Busser wrote:

> >> I am imagining that the bottom right holds the communication channels
> >> (phone etc).
> >
> > Yes.
>
> Might it be worth including, in the org table, a column
>
>       is_praxis
>
> with the constraint of one "true" in the table and also placeholders of the
> form
>
>       praxis_name
>       praxis_address
>       praxis_comms
>
> with address and comms arguments that allow to specify the column and column
> value of interest?

.is_praxis isn't the best way to achieve that because,
invariably, the in_praxis row will want to grow information
other than what's desired for "standard" orgs at which point
it is going to become another table *anyway* which,
technically, also allows defining several praxi accessing
the same database (but, say, separating patients by praxis).

GPG key ID E4071346 @ gpg-keyserver.de