Re: [Gnumed-devel] Consumable substances

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Consumable substances
Date: Sun, 04 Sep 2011 20:21:30 -0700

On 2011-09-04, at 3:12 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> No. They would go to the menu item "install data pack",
> select the "Canadian drugs 2011" and hit install.
>
> Some kind soul would have prepared said data pack such that
> it contains a
>
>>      install-data-pack.sql
>
> which lives inside a, say, 2011-ca-drugs.zip at

Two suggestions after you would check the satisfactoriness of what I
contributed:

1. We may prefer a less ambiguous name for drug-related zip files, because the
non-branded (consumable substance) names might better live separately-packaged
from the branded names. For example, it may be of value for my GNUmed to
contain substances even without the Brand being available in my country,
permitting to more-easily document what a patient obtained from another country
(whose Brands I may not care to add to my GNUmed).

Therefore suggest to rename to

        2011-ca-nonbranded-drugs.zip

2. Suggest in data-packs.conf

        name = Canadian non-brand drug info 2011

        URL =
http://www.gnumed.de/downloads/data/test/2011-ca-nonbranded-drugs.zip
or
        URL =