[Gnumed-devel] Can the sort order of matches within medication dropdowns

From: Jim Busser
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Can the sort order of matches within medication dropdowns be tweaked?
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2011 08:55:15 -0700

In the widget Adding medication/non-medication substance intake, it might be
nice to sort either

        10mg
        5mg
        2.5

or

        2.5mg
        5mg
        10mg

and BTW while I doubt any standard exists for whether or not to space the
strength and the units (10mg or 10 mg) -- very subtly one might imagine in
normal English anyway in normal writing we separate the number and units… we
travel 100 km or 60 miles, not 100km or 60miles. On this basis, a non-medical
person should think that an intended amount should be written

        5 mg

so one might write in an instruction

        "Take amount units (method of achieving this) frequency"

e.g.    "Take 5 mg (2 x 2.5 mg tablets) twice daily"

however I could see my way to keeping amountunits (no space) when it is
expressing a pre-manufactured amount such as a 2.5mg tablet. This concept
overlaps with a question I had about whether ref.consumable_substances would
better store just known available pre-manufactured amounts/units, or whether
ref.consumable_substances stores all ever-used fractions (and multiples) of the
available pre-manufactured amounts.

-- Jim

PNG image