Re: [Gnumed-devel] client menus GNUmed > Preferences vs GNUmed > Master

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] client menus GNUmed > Preferences vs GNUmed > Master data
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2011 10:51:46 -0700

On 2011-07-25, at 4:47 PM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>> I think this is kind of separation would be helpful to users.
>>
>> if we determine that it is not correct, the exception could be a case to
>> relocate the option inside the other menu.
>>
>> Also it may be future-desirable (wishlist) that the stuff under Master
>> data be unalterable except by knowing gm-dbo password.
>
> Sounds fairly reasonable.
>
> Karsten

I am wondering whether per-user preferences should be confined to

        GNUmed > Preferences > UI interface

whereas maybe

        GNUmed > Preferences > List configuration
        GNUmed > Preferences > Database
        GNUmed > Preferences > Client parameters
        GNUmed > Preferences > External tools
        GNUmed > Preferences > EMR

should be praxis-level (if not already) and if so relocated (post 1.0) under

        GNUmed > Master data

where authorization should require to supply the password for gm-dbo?

??

Would the above be orthogonal to workplace settings and configs, or do these
overlap (or can such configs over-ride what is in the backend) ?

-- Jim