Re: [Gnumed-devel] How should / shall an EMR handle group visits?

From: Sebastian Hilbert
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] How should / shall an EMR handle group visits?
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2011 12:21:18 +0200

On Tuesday 04 October 2011 11:10:14 Karsten Hilbert wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 04, 2011 at 07:49:17PM +1100, Liz wrote:
> > It's acceptable for a psychiatrist in Australia to see a family group,
> > for example, and there are specific insurance claim numbers for this
> > sort of consultation.
>
> I would create a new patient
>
> Lastname: Doe
> Firstname: Family
>
> encounter type: group visit
>
> Subjective:
>
>       Attendants: Joe, Jane, Laura
>
> Objective:

> A hook script might propagate something appropriate into
> each of Joe's, Jane's, and Laura's individual charts.

Another perfect example on

how to use existing features vs. solving this by adding new features.

In a software we are tempted to want a feature for our specific workflow. In
real life when you will find yourself using a screwdriver as a hammer if that
is all you have :-)

To put this in perspective. When coding ressources become available and
someone demonstrates that he/she cannot or does not want to live without it
then GNUmed will allocate ressouces to it.

Until then I guess one needs to think about the screwdriver :-)

The best thing you can do for now is to put it into the wishlist so it does
not get lost.

Sebastian