Re: [Gnumed-devel] Demographics schema - urb postcode not null

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Demographics schema - urb postcode not null
Date: Sat, 08 Oct 2011 06:40:00 -0700

On 2011-10-08, at 1:59 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

>>        name   | postcode |  name
>>      ---------+----------+---------
>>       Leipzig | 04318    | Sachsen
>>       Leipzig | 04317    | Sachsen
>>      (2 rows)
>
> What's the problem with that ?

I was not aware that we wanted, in dem.urb, multiple values of the same city
(urb).

The city of Vancouver has hundreds of postal codes and while each address will
need a row with

        number, street id, optional subunit etc

where it is the street id that contains the postal code of interest, then the
granularity of the address is already captured, so why have multiple (even
hundreds or more) of rows in dem.urb with the same city?

-- Jim