Re: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: 1-0-rc6 released

From: Jim Busser
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Fwd: 1-0-rc6 released
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2011 17:53:22 -0700

On 2011-10-15, at 8:44 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> This pretty much depends on how much data there is in the database.
>
> We can't say more than: "If you've got a lot of data in your
> database the upgrade will take time." which is utterly helpful
> and entirely unexpected.

You maybe intended to write that

        (the notice would be) utterly *un*helpful

and

        (the fact that the upgrade could take time) entirely *expected*

However, I have basically no data in the database. Only a dozen patients. Only
demographics, a few progress notes, about 5 manually-entered measurements, and
a few PDFs. Arguably (on account of my having deelted some stuff) less or at
least no more than the demo database.

It is possible it relates to the re-keying involved in the LOINCs. Unless there
are other changes / additions that are new since rc1-5 which would account for
tit because I do not think the other upgrades required more than 5 minutes.

People might arguably not expect 30 minutes or more (bearing in mind my 30
minutes was on a local db, reasonably fast machine).

That is why I thought worth mentioning. If not in the terminal output, then in
the notice email.

-- Jim