Re: [Gnumed-devel] Suggested revisions to Medication > Add panel

From: Rogerio Luz Coelho
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] Suggested revisions to Medication > Add panel
Date: Fri, 2 Dec 2011 17:52:58 -0200

I liked Jim's rationale ...

+1

Rogerio

2011/11/25 Busser, Jim <address@hidden>
Can consideration be given to adjust the Add / Edit medication panel? See attached screenshot.

Changes / rationale:

- 'Started' implies it must be a past or present date, however we may be instructing the patient to begin tomorrow or next week, so 'Start date' would be better

- it might be helpful to auto-inform as to how long ago the drug was started (or how far into the future it is to start or, if the drug was discontinued, 'discontinued after X weeks / days')

- I have split out 'Discontinued' in order for it to be positioned last, which makes clinical sense (a drug might never be discontinued)

- since 'episode' must always be completed, there is a tab-order advantage to place it high and -- not only that -- it guides why, and under what schedule, and for how long to take the drug and we then alos explain to the patient what to watch out for

-- Jim