[Gnumed-devel] Task management beyond the make-shift waitlist functional

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: [Gnumed-devel] Task management beyond the make-shift waitlist functionality
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 19:10:07 +0000

(was Re: [Gnumed-devel] GNUMed SOAP vs SOAPless progress notes)

On 2011-12-06, at 9:23 AM, Karsten Hilbert wrote:

> I still
> maintain that the immediate design goal for the waiting list
> was to fulfill the purpose "allow maintaining a list of
> patients waiting to be seen".

Ok...

1. I am relieved to infer that (at least until there would be separate and
better management of care-related must-be-dones) there is no plan to cut back
its make-shift task management capacity

2. As-yet-unanswered is the future-oriented question, as to how this may
eventually be preferably and better-implemented. Two options:

(a) the ability to assign a 'Plan' rows to an individual (or to a role) in the
praxis, however better would be…

(b) the ability to clone a

        selection-of-text-within-plan

to become a to-do, stored in a table for this purpose. While some soaP rows may
spawn no to-dos (having already been fully taken care of), any one soaP row
*could* OTOH spawn multiple yet-to-be done tasks. It would be helpful if, for
any patient, it can be made apparent

        at the patient level, whether exists for them one or more incomplete
tasks
        --> maybe even accessible from the inbox?

        a view (plug-in?) of tasks per patient, informing about

                task
                problem context
                assigned to role or user
                created_when
                created_by
                modified_when
                encounter ?

Billing would better eventually be its own module, but maybe it can fit in
tasks (I believe at least one GNUmedder is using the waitlist for billing) ! :-)

-- Jim