Re: [Gnumed-devel] which plugins to load in the GUI

From: Busser, Jim
Subject: Re: [Gnumed-devel] which plugins to load in the GUI
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2011 01:11:51 +0000

Where I had asked

>       Where a conf file designates a workplace and a user logs
>       in, does GNUmed check the existence of a workplace under
>       this 'owner' and, if no related record already exists in the
>       table cfg.cfg_item does a row get cloned from owner
>       xxxDEFAULTxxx ?

and it was responded

        Not cloned but created.

I am wondering what it means with respect to the next question that I asked in
the email, which was:

>       Suppose it is desired that a 'workplace' maintains consistent plugins
> no matter which user would be logging into that workplace… would it require
> that every user's copy of the workplace be            modified or is there
> someway for them all to reference (load) a single definition of the workplace?

so the answer 'Not cloned but created.' leaves me now uncertain.

There is then no way that a value for workplace, say

        Reception

if specified in a config file, can result in a consistent and stable set of
configurations for every user who would log in, because at the point where this
workplace name did not yet exist for a particular user, a complete set of new
values will be created for that user, who can then alter many of them, and they
will then be different from the values of every other user, despite that these
users load via config file the same name of workplace

        Reception
??

What I am thinking is that if it could be possible to modify settings that had
been saved with

        owner = xxxDEFAULTxxx

        workplace = 'foo'

then by deleting all rows with workplace = 'foo' for the other users, then
GNUmed will rebuild (recopy) for them from owner xxxDEFAULTxxx the desired
values?

Which next only begs how to create or modify a set of configurations for
workplace 'foo' where the objective is for these to be owned by xxxDEFAULTxxx.
Does it require for a praxis user who has access to gm-dbo to create the
workplace under their own personal login, and then (say via psql) change the
owner to xxxDEFAULT where cfg.cfg_item.workplace = foo AND fk_template = 1

??

-- Jim